Scouting in the UK is growing, we currently have over 30,000 young people on our waiting lists unable to join simply because we don't have enough adult volunteers.
Some of the reasons for volunteering:
- To give something back to the community
- To develop your own skills
- To support the Leaders
- To enjoy and rediscover the adventure for yourself
How can I help?
Volunteering is very flexible. From an hour a week to an hour every six months your contribution will make a real difference.
There are many ways that you can help, here are just a few:
- Adult Support Team - ad hoc support for activities and events
- Occassional Helper - helps out from time to time at scouting sessions
- Adventurous Activity Leader - has specific skills to run an adventurous activity eg. climbing or kayaking
- Trustee - executive committee member helping with finances, property, insurance and public occassions etc
- Sectional Assistant - regular helper at scouting sessions, not necessarily in uniform
- Section Leader / Assistant Section Leader - uniformed member managing and running a section (Beaver, Cubs or Scouts)
Follow this link to arrange for an informal chat about how you could make a difference.